Annual Report 2020
ANNUAL PROGRESS REPORT
PROGRAM FOR WORKING CHILDREN IN KHULNA CITY CORPORATION, BANGLADESH
January- December 2020
RURAL VISION (RV)
Boro Boyra, Rayer Mahal School Road, Khulna,
Rural Vision (RV)
Boro Boyra Rayer Mahal School Road, Khulna, Bangladesh.
Annual Progress Report of 2nd. The year under 3rd. Phase Project
Continuation of Program for working Children in Khulna City Corporation, Bangladesh
Rural Vision is a non-govt. non-profitable and non-political voluntary Development organization. It was established in June 1995 with the initiation of a group of educated social workers with an aim to promote the socio-economic status of the rural poor and disadvantaged people emphasizing the women and children through conscientization, capacity building, institution building & capital formation, and imparting felt-need based problem-solving programs. It believes in a non-directive, bottom-up participatory, and integrated development framework and acts as a catalyst with its stakeholders and concerned people.
RV has been awarded the continuation project named “Program for working children in Khulna City Corporation, Bangladesh for 36 months duration. The duration of the project is from January 1’ 2019-December 31’ 2021, which has been started from January 1’ 2019 and will be complete by December 31, 2021 very effectively and smoothly and benefited many child labourers in Khulna City Corporation, which has been appreciated much by the local people, local administrations, local government departments, and local elite, because, many child labourers have got light of improved lives and involved in low risked activities through developing their professional skills. Seeing the successes, many child labourers have become encouraged and interested to participate with the program, even, the local government and administrations requested us to continue the project activities. The representative from the donor Kindermissionswerk-Germany visited the project and satisfied with our activities and outcome as per project provision. We ourselves were very satisfied with the project implementation, because, it was felt that we had done something good for the poor and vulnerable child labourers on humanitarian background. The benevolent donor satisfactorily continues the project for covering more child labourers and this is the continuation of earlier project of third phase for three years, which has been started from January’ 2020 and already 12 months have passed of the project implementation and second year’s project implementation of third phase has been going on and 12 months of first year has been completed by December’ 2019. So, this is the annual progress report of the second year of third phased project implementation. As it is a continuation project of earlier project, so, RV has been continuing the previous activities in the first year using the learnt lessons of project implementations. RV has continued to implement the project activities in Khulna City Corporation with the financial support of Kindermissionswerk-Germany. The project activities have been and are being implemented/ implementing smoothly, fruitfully and effectively benefiting the project participant poor child labourers and their parents. As the project activities have been carried out having sufficient experiences, skills and learning from the project implementation, so, the outcomes of the project are very much beneficial and benefiting to the targeted people.
Name of the Project : Continuation of Program for Working Children
in Khulna City Corporation, Bangladesh.
Project Number : D 10 0342 017
Reporting Period : January-December’ 2020.
Project Period : January’2019 -December’ 2021
Project Areas. : Khulna City Corporation, Bangladesh.
Project supporting Agency: Kindermissionswerk-Germany.
Implementing NGO : Rural Vision-RV
Boro Boyra, Khulna, Bangladesh.
The main goal is to eliminate child labour from the project areas (Khulna City Corporation) through establishment of child’s rights and empowerment of their family economic conditions.
To identify 300 children of age 8-16, who are involved in child labour by a simple survey.
To aware their parents not to involve in child labour eradication and child’s rights.
To develop the economic condition of the parents of the identified working children by providing income generation activity support.
To encourage the working children to go to schools for education.
The main project activities:
01. Conduct survey.
02. Identify and select children of age 8-16
03. Motivate & Organise children
04. Aware parents.
05. Provide Training to Parents.
06. Arrange child’s rights day
07. Observe International child’s rights day.
08. Arrange workshop and seminar on child’s rights.
09. Arrange monthly staff meetings.
10. Skill Development Training (SDT)
11. Arrange parents meeting.
12. Conduct evaluation.
13. Conduct audit.
14. Prepare and send reports.
Main Activities, Target and achievement by component during reporting period:
Sl.No. Activities. Target. Achievements. Percentage. Remarks.
01. Conduct a survey. 1 1 100%
02. Identify and select children. 300 300 100%
03. Open school. 10 10 100%
04. Cultural competition. 2 2 100%
05. Motivate & Organise children 300 300 100%
06. Aware parents. 300 pairs. 300 100%
07. Workshop and seminar 300 300 100%
08. Arrange a seminar on child’s rights. 2 2 100%
09. Arrange monthly staff meetings. 12 12 100%
10. Skill Development Training (SDT) 80 80 100%
- Sewing training. 40 40 100%
- Carpentry training. 40 40 100%
c. Sewing machine installation. 06 06 100%
11. Arrange parent meetings. 6 6 100%
12. Conduct evaluation. 1 0 0 At the end.
13. Conduct an audit. 1 1 100% Do.
14. Supervision and Monitoring. On-going.
- Aware and conscious child labourers and their guardians. Now they have realised the value of education and have been sending their children to schools for education, even, the children have also become encouraged to attend schools for having education.
- Seeing the successes of the previous child labourers and their lives’ improvement, more and more child labourers have become interested and encouraged to attend education centres and attending classes regularly.
- Aware guardians and community people and encouraging child labourers to attend in education centres and drop-in centres, because, they have learnt that the previous children having education and skills training from the project, have established and leading an improved lives with low risked activity involvement.
- Available and opened 10 education centres & 300 child labourers are learning in these centres & 10 trained teachers are involved with education centres, who have been providing education and teaching in an improved and friendly environment and cordial atmosphere, which has been attracting and encouraging more child labourers to attend schools regularly, which has made the enrolment and attendance 100%.
- Due to establishment of the education centres, the poor child labourers are getting education opportunities at their reach and they are involving in basic education according to their leisure hours. Moreover, they have realised the value of education, as they become deprived and exploited all the time due to lack of education and numerical knowledge.
- Established two training centres for conducting training courses, from where the child labourers are getting different kinds of skills development training, which are low risked and self-employment basis and many of them have joined in different low risked activities like tailoring, carpentry, food processing etc. and earning incomes for their families and helping their families.
- During the reporting period, trained up 80 child labourers and involved in jobs, who are earning their own income and left their hazardous work now.
- Trained 80 child labourers and involved in jobs.
- Guardians are becoming aware and taking steps for their children. They are not involving their children in hazardous activities.
- Child labourers have knowledge on primary health and personnel hygiene and practice regularly in their daily lives, which has improved their living standards, living conditions and improved health conditions. They following personnel hygiene and keep them neat and clean all the times.
- Improved health conditions of the participating child labourers and they can invest more labour for their economic activities.
- Available skilled and experienced teachers and trainers, who are very much friendly and cordial to educate and train up the child labourers, which has attracted and encouraged the child labourers more and more.
Project Implementation strategies:
Like previous year, in the implementation of the first year’s project implementation of third phase, at the beginning, a feasible and viable physical action plan was prepared considering the previous year’s lessons, experiences, skills, problems and faced difficulties and also with the participation of the staff members and the first year’s project activities have been carried out as per plan under the following ways and steps involving the project staff and organisational staff and also with the participation of the town community people. Previous practical experiences and learnt lessons have helped much to implement the first year’s activities, because, the activities of the first year are smoother and more effective than previous year, as the staffs have been utilised the previous experience, skills and learnt lessons during first year’s project implementation:
As it is a continuation project and continuing the same activities, so, the present experienced, and skilled staffs have been continued for the first year’s project implementation as per project provision, ten teachers, one Project Manager and one Monitoring officer , one part time Accountant and one Project Coordinator were involved from the previous experienced and skilled staff and after involvement, all of them were provided a 5 day orientation training on the project goal, objectives, activities, targets, their duties, responsibilities and implementation strategies and also about their duties and responsibilities, by which they can implement the project activities smoothly and effectively according to project target. Then the staff members were placed in their duty stations for performing their duties and responsibilities smoothly and effectively for the project implementation.
For the continuation project implementation, the teachers were continued and provided training for 5 days on project implementation methodologies to carry out the classes smoothly and effectively in an atmosphere of friendly environment and cordial approach, after training they have been placed in different education centres to conduct children education classes and manage education centre and select children learner and also collect learning materials and start the classes. The senior staff has been supervised, followed up and monitored the activities of the Teachers regularly through visiting the education centres and child labourer’s areas, who talked with their parents, local people and the child labourers for environmental education and personnel hygiene education at the spots, by which they can maintain personnel hygiene and improve their health and living environment.
Feasible Action Plan Preparation:
At the beginning of project implementation, after orientation and training of the staff members, a feasible and applicable action has been prepared with the fullest participation of the staff members considering the previous learning, experience, problems, difficulties, work load, nature of work, local situation, communication, capacity of the staffs, seasonal affairs etc. and the action plan has been followed by the staffs for implementing the project activities at the management and field level. The project action plan has also followed to prepare the feasible action plan, and some changes has done because, considering situation and viability, new physical and feasible action plan has prepared, which have been followed up during the project implementation. So far, the prepared action plan has been found very effective to improve the project implementation and benefit the child labourers and their associates.
Conduct Survey and Children Selection:
At the beginning, the senior staff members prepared a simple survey format to conduct a survey to select the project participants (child labourers), because, there are many child labourers in the project areas, but we have to include limited number of child labourers with the program. The staff members have conducted a simple survey and according to the survey, the child labourers of the project areas has selected and enrolled considering the enrolment criteria. It has done, because, many children wanted to participate with the project implementation seeing the successes of the previous project implementation. The main criteria are: child labourers, involved in hazard works, orphan, parent less, have not shelter, stay in road sides, have no work, etc. and many children have left after survey.
Motivation and Non-Formal Education:
Motivation and non-formal education are a continuous process for awareness raising among the targeted people and the staff members and the associates have been continuously motivated/motivating and educated/educating the child labourers and their parents and the slum dwellers for different issues, topics, subjects, goal and objectives of the project and organisation through personnel contact/discussion, street visits, arranging gatherings, house to house visits etc. The motivated targeted child labourers, especially the working (boys and girls), and their parents have been organised into small groups. During the reporting period, all the child labourers and parents have been conducted and organized for different programs. The selection criteria will be followed in the case of selecting child labourers and especial emphasize has given to the girl child labourers. The staff-members have been continuously motivated, educated and trained up the selected child labourers and organised them for different programs like rallies, day observations, seminars, discussions, arranging gatherings. It is also mentionable here that these poor children are very much fond of different cultural functions and extra-curriculum activities. So, the staffs have been arranged different cultural functions, drawing, recitation etc. to make them aware and knowledge able on different environmental and atmospheric respects and advised them to follow the learning for their own lives improvement and for safe living.
Life-Oriented Child labourers’ Non-Formal Education:
These child labourers from very poor families, orphans and parentless, so, they cannot give time to normal or formal schools, as they have to earn their own bread. So, according to their leisure hours, education was given. As basic rights of the child labourers, non-formal education were provided to the poor child labourers for their literal knowledge, numeric knowledge, environmental knowledge, health knowledge, economic knowledge and social consciousness raising. A total of 10 education centres has been opened for the organised child labourers in suitable and easy assessable places, where these poor children can easily come and go in leisure hours, with the discussion of the child labourers, parents and other stakeholder, where easily the children come and go and get education. The education centres are opened for three years. First year 10 Teachers have been involved and they have collected 300 child labourers for 10 education centres considering 30 child labourers for each centre. Each education centre has been included 30 child labourers of age 8 to 16 as per the criteria. Each teacher is conducting one class in a suitable time according to the suggestions of the child labourers. Each centre has been provided with all necessary materials to conduct the classes like Black Board, Charts, etc. And each child has been provided necessary reading and writing materials like khata, books, pencils, slate etc. The classes have been continuing for three hours each day, 6 days per week and health education, hygiene education, and extra curriculum activities like singing, dancing, drawing pictures, games and sports have been conducted with the education. The child labourers have been provided basic literal knowledge, numeric knowledge, small counting, social awareness, environmental awareness and political knowledge in the classes. Analytical issues have been discussed in the classes. Strong monitoring and supervision have been maintained to make the education program a success. It has been found the education standard is much better and higher than other education centres, which has been appreciated and praised by all concerns, because, time to time different visitors from different corners like local leaders, local administrative people, government people etc. visited the education centres and discussed with the children and they appreciated our education system and education standard, because, we are not only giving basic education but also social education, environmental education, economic education and extra-curriculum education and practices for their mental and physical growth.
The previously involved experienced and skilled Teachers were provided a 5-day training for on education curriculum, system, teachers’ guide, aid, goal and objectives of education, class conducting system etc. because, every year, the nature of education has been changing considering the needs and importance of the changing world and environmental conditions and mentality of the children and their associates. Necessary training materials and aid were provided and necessary resource persons were involved during training, by which they can learn improved and scientific system of education and centre management and also can conduct changed mentality of the children and societies. Conducted monthly progress review meetings in each month, where progresses have been reviewed and problems are identified and found out solutions through joint discussion by them, which has increased their analytical skills and adopt with the changed mentality of the children and their parents and guardians. It also helped them to integrate the activities with present and modern needs and feasibilities.
Sports materials for education centres:
These child labourers are deprived from games and sports, because, they have to earn their own bread through selling their labour but they are very much fond of games and sports though they have no scope or available materials. So, provision has been kept for games and sports for the children in each education centre, by which they can learn through games and sports and friendly environment. For encouraging the child labourers for attending education centres and create interest each centre has been provided sports materials like carrom, ludo, ball etc. by which the child labourers can play games and sports and feel better to come and participate in education. It is mentionable here that most of the children come to the education centres and participate in games and sports in their leisure period, which has been changing their mentality and behaviour.
Child labourers are very much fond of recreational activities, because, they have no scopes for recreational activities due to involvement in hazardous activities. So, provision has been kept for recreational activities in the project, by which they have become interested and attractive for education and improved lives and changed their mentality. For encouraging the poor child labourers about education, different extra curriculum activities have been performed during education at the centres and during the reporting period. These are games and sports, recitation, prize giving ceremony, cultural functions, international child day observation, observation of child week. Apart from school wise cultural functions and games and sports have been arranged and also inter school games and sports for competition have been arranged during the reporting period. Already school wise 2 functions and competitions were arranged. Apart from these, these children are given training on different items by the teachers and by Manager, which encourage them to attend schools regularly. An action plan was prepared, which has been followed whole the year. From our experience, it has been found that these functions and items are very much effective and changed the mentality of the children and their parents.
Child Right Day
Awareness raising is an important and ongoing activity of the organisation for all projects and programs. It is a continuation process of the organisation. For raising mass awareness in the town community people and slum people, continuous motivation, education and other different activities have been carried out by the staff members and the Teachers during the reporting period. So, they have been arranged different meetings, gatherings, posturing, discussion meetings etc. in the slum and street areas with the active participation of the children and their guardians. Apart from these, regular posturing and seminars have been arranged in the town areas for mass awareness raising and information dissemination. During motivation, different charts, posters, flip charts etc. have been used by the staff and teachers. About 200 posters, leaflets etc. have been distributed and displayed in the working areas and one seminar on children participation in development has arranged, where different levels of participants attended and discussed about the development of the child labourers. Different motivational IEC materials have been collected and distributed among the town areas. Different important days have been observed with the participation of different levels of people. It has been found that the poor people are interested to participate with these events and items, because, they have no involvement and participation in any normal events and items like these, which are arranged by the society. They are much encouraged, because, they can practically participate and involve in these events and can discuss, which has been changing their mentality and practices to improve their lives.
Primary Health Education.
These child labourers are living in very unhygienic and unhealthy environment and they have not health education or hygienic education but health is the wealth of the poor child labourers, because, it is the only capital for them. They have to survive by selling labour. So, provision has been kept for primary health education for the children in the project and RV emphasises health and nutrition program for the child labourers to keep their health sound. The staff members have been provided the knowledge and ideas on primary health, nutrition and personnel hygiene through personnel discussion, class discussion, drop in centre wise discussion and street to street visits, personnel contacts and arranging gathering, observing health days, showing documentary films shows etc. and motivated and encouraged them to practice in their daily lives for their better health. They have been used related posters, leaflets, flip charts, etc. during discussion for easy understanding and practical education. They have been taught how to prepare ORS and use, balance diets. They have identified severely malnourished mothers & children and referred to the Health Complex. The organisation provided treatment support to the very poor and vulnerable malnourished child labourers. Different health education materials have been hung in the education centres and drop-in centres for learning by the children. Each drop-in centre and education centre has been discussed on health and hygiene for practical learning. One Part time doctor has been involved, who have been providing treatment to the poor child labourers and also medicines. The poor child labourers have been provided treatment services and medicines. It has been found that these children are very much conscious about their health, because, they have not to take care, when they become ill and suffer from fever. So, they have been following different health learning and keeping them neat and clean to improve their health.
Now a days, AIDS/HIV/STD has become a very serious issue in our country for the poor and vulnerable society, especially for the child labourers, floating children and slum children, because, they become the victims of sexual abuse in every time. It has also become alarming in the country. Moreover, Khulna is a border area of India and these areas are called red zone or alarming zone, as India people are coming regularly in those areas crossing the boarders. So, provision has been kept in the project for AIDS/HIV/STD education. The staff members have been educating the child labourers, floating children and slum children continuously about the AIDS/HIV.STD, its sources, and seriousness. They have been discussing about the dangerousness of these diseases and providing them preventive education i.e., how to keep them safe and sound for these dangerous diseases. So, they are providing continuous motivation, education to the child labourers and town community people. They have arranged seminars to aware them about these diseases. Apart from these, regular posters have been collected and displayed in the town areas for common awareness raising. Moreover, these children are working with others houses and different places, who become rapped and sexual abuse by others, which has made their lives dangerous and vulnerable of HIV/AIDS. So, awareness is very important for these child labourers in the city areas and boarder areas.
Vocational Training for the Children:
To save these poor and vulnerable child labourers from hazardous works, they need skills development training on different feasible trades otherwise, they have to involve in hazardous works for livelihood. So, provision for skills development training has been kept in the project. If these children are properly provided skills development training, then they can involve in low risked and low hazard works for livelihood, because, they have to survive through earning own bread in the city areas. If they do not work, none will feed them. A training centre has been hired in a suitable place under this project to provide tailoring and carpentry training to the aged child labourers, by which after training, they can get employment and can earn self-incomes. The staff members have organised and educated the child labourers and involved in economic activities through providing demand-based training courses. So, according to the project provision, vocational training on tailoring and carpentry have been conducted for long time, by which they can get jobs and earn incomes for themselves and for the families, because, both the activities have sufficient demand and marketing in the town areas and also low risked. During the reporting period, a total of 40 child labourers have been provided tailoring and sewing training for 6 months in two batch and 40 children have been provided carpentry training practically in two batch. The trained child labourers are continuing tailoring and carpentry works in the town areas and earning incomes. Some of them have been involved with tailoring shops and furniture marts and earning incomes. One Tailor Master and one Carpenter have been hired to train up the aged child labourers. 06 sewing machines, furniture, fixtures, parts, raw materials, and carpentry training equipment have been installed in the training centre earlier before starting of training courses. The courses are for 6 months each batch. The child labourers have been provided some tiffin in the noon. From our previous experience, it has been found that many poor child labourers, after having skills development training, they have joined in low risked and less hazard works and earning incomes and leading better lives. Even, they are helping their families. So, to change their lives, these children need professional skills development training.
Advocacy and Networking:
To involve local stakeholders with the project implementation, advocacy and networking are most important for influencing the local administration and local government authorities, so, the staff members have been continuing advocacy and networking with the government departments, local NGOs, Local institutions, local administrations, religious institutions, slum community leaders, political leaders etc. and also with the different levels of personnel for involving them with the program and also to take initiatives to improve the lives of the poor and vulnerable child labourers, floating children and slum children. So, necessary documents and materials have been collected, developed and displayed in different important places, and arranged different related issue-based meetings, seminars, workshops and communication. Before starting the program, work plan has been prepared and followed on. During the reporting period, 4 meetings and 2 workshops have been arranged and some documents have been displayed. It has been found that the local stakeholders are very much interested for the project and they are regularly visiting the education centres and training centre and also discuss with the children. Cooperation from all side is being given by the stakeholders for the effective project implementation. Especially the government department people, local administrations, local influential people are giving all sorts of cooperation, which has made the project implementation easier and smooth, because, we have not faced any problem or difficulties from the local people to implement the project activities. Moreover, all people are well known about our project implementation and benefits derived from the project implementation. Even, many people are helping the children to have low risked and low hazard activities in different places and the employers are not giving pressure to the child labourers.
Social welfare officer visited our training centre
Supervision and Monitoring:
Like previous year’s project implementation, the staff members have been continuing supervision, follow up and monitoring of the education centres, drop-in centres, child labourers and other participants regularly through making intensive field visit. The senior staffs have been supervising the activities of the field staff members, Teachers and the related people regularly. Moreover, the Director, Project Manager and Monitoring officer have been monitoring the activities on monthly basis. The monthly staff meeting and participants meetings have been reviewed the activity performances, drawbacks and solved the created problems. All the staffs have submitted monthly progress reports and plan next month’s activity in those meetings.
Already we have sent the half-yearly progress report-2021 to the donor and related government officials for information. Now the Director, Project Manager and Monitoring Officer has compiled the reports of the staffs annual and submitting to the donor agency and government departments for information and necessary action.
Problems and solutions:
Actually, we have not been facing any problem and difficulty during the project implementation, because, we have created a very positive atmosphere in the city areas for our good works. Moreover, we have been getting cooperation and supports from different corners and different people to implement the project activities effectively and smoothly and benefit the poor and vulnerable children.
The achievements are:
Of course, the project implementation has created different achievements during the reporting period and those are as follows:
- Established 10 education centres & 300 child labourers are learning in those education centres in very friendly and cordial environment and they can read, write and keep simple accounts, so, none could be able to deprive or exploit them now.
- The child labourers have become socially, environmentally, culturally, politically and economically aware and sound. They have knowledge and can analyse the problems and situations critically and can take decisions independently.
- Approximately 300 child labourers are getting education materials and other amusement facilities, encouraged and interested children for education, which has changed their mentality, attitudes and practices, which has improved their lives’ styles and leading improved lives.
- 40 child labourers have become skilled on sewing and most of the placed in jobs, who have been earning their own income in low risked and low hazard works, even they are helping their parents and leading improved lives in the society.
- 40 children have become skilled on carpentry works and most of the placed in jobs, who have been earning their own income in low risked and low hazard works, even they are helping their parents and leading improved lives in the society.
- Guardians have become aware and taking steps for their children, they are regularly sending their children to education centres for education and other awareness raising. They are now thinking for their children’s improved lives and safe jobs.
- The child labourers have got recreational facilities and have become culturally sound, which has been encouraged and attracted to go education centres for education.
- The child labourers have become aware on their health and practicing, which has been improving their health, environment, and keep neat and clean. They can invest more physical powers for earning more incomes.
- Changed attitudes and behaviour of the children and the guardians, which has been helping to develop themselves in the society and leading an improved life.
- Changed the attitudes of the society and gradually they are becoming interested for the child labourers. It has also been disseminating among other community people and they are taking care of the child labourers and not involving in hazard and risky works.
- The child labourers try to lead improved life style, which are learnt by other children and they are also leading improved life styles in the society, which has been disseminating person to person, family to family and society to society, even slum to slums.
- A good number child labourers have involved in economic activities, who have been earning their own income in low risked and low hazard works, even they are helping their parents and leading improved lives in the society.
- The child labourers have become savings minded and saving money for future use etc. and also improved organisational strength, staff capacity and implementation capacity.
Community sensitization is one of the most important issues in development field. So, it is a continuous process for any organisation. As it is a continuation project, so, already the community has been sensitized and they are now well aware, so, the community people are very much involved with our program. The staff members have regular individual contact with the community within the catchments area of the school. During the reporting period, one community meeting has been held in project areas, other that we arrange community meetings every now and then Catchments of every open-air education centre.
No serious problem has been encountered during the project implementation but there were some minor problems and difficulties, which are as follows:
- High pressure of the town community to expand the program covering more places and areas.
- Limitations according to the demand of the child labourers.
- More and more child labourers are coming to us for participating with the program.
- Some gang stars and wicked people disturbed at the beginning.
- Community pressure to open more education centres for the child labourers & slum children
All the above problems and difficulties have been faced through strong motivation and interactions with the problem creators and the local administration, because, the organisation has sufficient name and fame in the project areas and its all activities are well accepted and appreciated by the local people and local government departments.
- It is a very humanitarian project and it has been helping to establish the child’s rights in the society. So, this humanitarian program should be supported for long time and more scopes should be kept for more skill development training and create job scopes for the older child labourers.
- Donor persons’ frequent visits are essential to guide the project implementations, because, if the donors see the actual conditions and benefits of the project and changed lives of the child labourers automatically, they can understand the needs and importance of the project in the project areas.
- If the donor sees the lives of the child labourers, they will automatically support for opening more education centres for the child labourers and slum children in Khulna City Corporation considering its geographical situation and poverty conditions and also the social, economic and cultural conditions of the people.
It is a continuous project implementation. So, it has sufficient achievements and already it has created a favourable atmosphere and environment in the project areas and the activities are well known by all and well accepted by all considering its contributions in the field of child rights establishment and child labour reduction.
In fine, it may be concluded here that all the first year’s project activities have been carried out smoothly and effectively, as during implementation, previous year’s learnt lessons, experiences etc. are taken consideration during implementation of the first year’s project. There are some problems due to high pressure of expanding program in whole town but through strong motivation and communication we have minimized all the raised problems and difficulties. During project implementation, we have communicated all concerns and stakeholders before starting the project and share the project goal, objectives, targets and activities of the first year. From every side, we have got high appreciation for the humanitarian program, which we have been continuing and cooperated much for effective project implementation. The trained and dedicated staff worked hard during project implementation, because of problems from gang stars, wicked people, etc. However, within short time, the achievements are appreciable. We are very much thankful and grateful to the benevolent donor Kindermissionswerk – Germany, its personnel, and the people of Germany, who have been supporting our humanitarian project for the poor and vulnerable child labourers, which have been trying to improve their life environment. We always anticipate your cordial cooperation and guidance for the humanitarian services for the poor and helpless child labourers. We have experience and we have high interest and will to work for the vulnerable child labourers and we want your valuable suggestions, recommendation and guidance and we hope, we could be able to do something for the helpless child labourers of Khulna City Corporation.
January 10, 2021